Thursday, May 20, 2010

Excuses are just excuses

What happens when someone came to you and said, " I've tried my best. I studied day and night but I still can't score!" Well, what would be your first impression? Firstly, he is a nuisance? Secondly, perhaps he has got nothing better to do and decided to blurt something out of the ordinary? Thirdly, any reasons that you can come up with. It is not a sin to utter such, perhaps nonsensical but logical sentences. Yes, you burn midnight oil everyday but perhaps, you lack of something. Commitment. Effort. Willpower. Whichever of these that you failed to cultivate will lead you nowhere from your starting point. It is just another circle, going one cycle after another. In the end, you obtain and achieve nothing but perhaps, you have wasted some of your time doing unproductive things. It is not unusual but common. People just lost interest in what they do, perhaps too many distractions in reality that brings their heart elsewhere instead of its rightful position. However, I personally think that those sentences are purely uttered out of unconscious mind. Not to be rude, those are just wrong. Totally unacceptable. After going through endless cycles of merry-go-round, you came back to a simple excuse. " I've tried my best. I studied day and night but I still can't score!"

No matter what you do, when you start giving excuses, that is when you stop moving forward.
~Michael Ch'ng~

No comments:

Post a Comment